Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: momu189
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 29619

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

China superior steel ball factory
 Steel Building Kits
 CNC Machining Aluminum ADC12 Parts manufacturers
 China Heat Press Cap Machine
 SMART TV quotation

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - Hello Everyone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello Everyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> General Forensics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bender

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Hello Everyone Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to the site and everything and I am currently undergoing my Bachelors in Computer Information Systems with a Computer Forensics Track through Devry University. I was just wondering what everyone thought about the career and is there any special certifications I should get and which ones first. I am looking to get a job doing this when I graduate in a couple of years.

Thanks for all info in advance.

P.S. Like the site. Full of info
ddow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certification choice depends on your intended direction. If you want to do penetration testing or incident response, I'd pick either CEH or CHFI. If you want to do investigations (LE or corporate), I'd go CCE.

Just my opinion, which won't get you much even on the open market. Smile

Dennis
Bender

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ill prolly get my cce and maybe one of the other... it just depends on what kind of job i can get...
Ancient

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you like devry?
and what did you guys learn really?
Bender

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it. i am currently enrolled and this is my first semester. i havent done anything yet. but i cant wait until i do. i will keep you updated as the semesters go on.

also how would you go about shadowing a computer forensics investigator, or can you. i would like to shadow one for a couple of hours or a day to get like "a day in the life" type of thing. I am curious as to how they work.

thank you
Ancient

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bender wrote:
i like it. i am currently enrolled and this is my first semester. i havent done anything yet. but i cant wait until i do. i will keep you updated as the semesters go on.

also how would you go about shadowing a computer forensics investigator, or can you. i would like to shadow one for a couple of hours or a day to get like "a day in the life" type of thing. I am curious as to how they work.

thank you

Depends, because you would have to find someone that is working on a project that is open for a civilians view; most projects deal with court cases or other things that wouldn't really allow you to peak in.
Arthur_Howell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to mention the govenrment aspect... security clearances are a pain depending on who they work for. The school I went to did something called an informational interview. Something like this forum where you talk to someone in the field and they give you a general overview of what their life is like. I also attended several confrences where I made some good contacts. I found that most helpful.
Bender

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thank you
sanil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the information. thanks . Very Happy Depends, because you would have to find someone that is working on a project that is open for a civilians view; most projects deal with court cases or other things that wouldn't really allow you to peak in.
compgirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bender wrote:

Hey bender, I know that its been like a year and a half since u posted this, and was just wondering if you could give an update on your program? I visited and spoke with an advisor from Devry last night, so right now I'm just researching the CF program a little bit more before I choose that as my emphasis. I'd love to hear how your experience is going, I would greatly appreciate it if you would share yours. Thanks! Smile
Ancient

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

compgirl wrote:
Bender wrote:

Hey bender, I know that its been like a year and a half since u posted this, and was just wondering if you could give an update on your program? I visited and spoke with an advisor from Devry last night, so right now I'm just researching the CF program a little bit more before I choose that as my emphasis. I'd love to hear how your experience is going, I would greatly appreciate it if you would share yours. Thanks! Smile

Please don't post on threads this old. You have posted around 10 times today in less than 10 minutes. These should be more constructive posts, keep in mind that most of the people on these forums may be potential employers. Most of the info you are looking for easily available by searches. I am not trying to be rude, I went through the same thing when I started going on forums; it's a learning process. Good luck at Devry.

-Ancient
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> General Forensics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: