Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: jackberry150
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 29622

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

How much can be found?
 Computer Forensic in responding to Data Breach issues
 A bunch of numbers about digital evidences collection
 Computer forensic issue
 A Survey on the Internet of Things Digital Forensic Research

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - online forensics schools?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

online forensics schools?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Training and Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swiswach

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: online forensics schools? Reply with quote

What schools have online forensics certificate programs?
cybercop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick google of "list of schools with online computer forensics degrees" turned up thousands of lists.
bebbles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: schools Reply with quote

I just finished a 1 yr max course with Excelsior taught by ISFCE that was self guided. Learned a lot but wish I could have taken residency courses because the info was so technical you need on hands training for sure!
BigDogAM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Community College Reply with quote

http :// www . stanly . edu/cyber-crime-technology?cCat=40&cView=program

Moderator Note: Direct Links are not allowed
DFstudent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: forensic certificate Reply with quote

Champlain College in Burlington Vermont
Fredjclaus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does everyone think of the Penn Foster certificate program?
hdemeritt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Schools Reply with quote

I have to say that although I am still early in the program I am working towards a Bachelor's for Computer Forensics and Digital Investigation at Champlain College. I attend online as the school is in VT and I live in PA. So far I am loving it and learning a lot! It's definitely one option to look into.
eureka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Ucd computer forensics investigation Reply with quote

I would look into university college dublin, Ireland. They have instructors that know what they teach. The only draw back is they only take test in Europe. Right now I am leaving Ireland and looking to continuing my degree. Rumor is Atlanta or Los Angeles may be used as the u.s. testing site in America. I would give this. Look. One word of caution. The program is law enforcement only. ucd.ie/cci/education/prospective_students/UCD_MSc_DigitalInvestandForensicComp.pdf
kris_isme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take online classes at Champlain which is located in Burlington, VT. I have to take online classes since I have a little one but my only concern is the hands on aspect of it. Am I just wasting my time because I know it would be very rare for a company to hire me because I have a degree but no experience. Sad
PreferredUser

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are precious few "entry level" forensic jobs, and those that exist require some experience at least in IT.

The Champlain program is OK as a step from an IT or investigative background into digital forensics, however I am not sure we would hire anyone with just that degree.
rupertbowen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Ucd computer forensics investigation Reply with quote

eureka wrote:
I would look into university college dublin, Ireland. They have instructors that know what they teach. The only draw back is they only take test in Europe. Right now I am leaving Ireland and looking to continuing my degree. Rumor is Atlanta or Los Angeles may be used as the u.s. testing site in America. I would give this. Look. One word of caution. The program is law enforcement only. ucd.ie/cci/education/prospective_students/UCD_MSc_DigitalInvestandForensicComp.pdf

Hi, sorry I'm a bit late commenting on this...
Actually the UCD MSc in Digital Investigation & Forensic Computing is not restricted to law enforcement. However UCD does require solid undergraduate education in computer science as a pre-requisite (see Entry Requirements http :// www . ucd . ie/cci/education/prospective_students/msc_difc.html)
It is an online course of study but students must attend exams and workshops in Dublin twice during the course.

Moderator Note: Direct links are not allowed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Training and Education All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: