Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: williamlucas
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 29661

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

Esta zapatilla para correr Air Max Plus TN también se puede
 Software to search an FTK Lite Mounted drive with keyword
 How much can be found?
 Computer Forensic in responding to Data Breach issues
 A bunch of numbers about digital evidences collection

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - GCFA training, course prices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GCFA training, course prices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Training and Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oscipoe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: GCFA training, course prices Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and I hope to get some advise from you. I am a little annoyed and confused. Since a few weeks I am looking into these courses GCFA (GIAC), Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE), Certified Data Recovery Professional (CDRP) and Certified Penetration Tester (CPT). When looking for the training to do these the costs are wildly high. (Champlain, where i just wanted a quote, spammed me for weeks by trying to have me sign up to their $11.000 course which lasted only a few weeks). My guess would be that they are inflated due to the fact that people get assistance from their employer. I have a long history of Investigation and Law enforcement and want to specialize in this field but I have to pay for it by myself. Currently I am abroad and would need to do the course material online. GIAC was quoting over $5000 for the online material (not even live) for 70 hrs of training. That is way over my budget. Does anyone have any advise on how I can do the training within a tighter budget?
PreferredUser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SANS and GIAC partner on training and certification. FOR508 is the SANS course that is designed to prepare you for the GCFA "http://digital-forensics.sans.org/training/course/advanced-computer-forensic-analysis-incident-response"

The others certifications are a little more open. InfoSec Institute provides some training as do many other providers. Almost all are online.

The ISFCE (Certified Computer Examiner CCE) is one of the few that lists authorized training centers on their site. "https://www.isfce.com/training.htm"

Champlain has various certificate and degree programs, however they do not have training specifically aimed at a particular third-party certification.

You may be able to accumulate enough books and institutional knowledge to pass the exams without taking a class, however with the exams costing $500 that may be an expensive gamble.
Oscipoe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Thank you, those are all the ones I had seen too. Infosec sets you back almost $4000 for a 5 day course. SANS clocks in at around 5000. It's a lot harder than I thought to get some additional skills in this field. SANS was about the same. I guess I have to find a different way to get experience in this field. Maybe when I return to Canada I can find training at regular colleges. This is just not money I have access too. Confused Thanks any way.
PreferredUser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at the self study materials for the CCE? They have some good material on their site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Training and Education All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: