Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: Aanya
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 4
Overall: 29103

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

The unallocated space on a windows 7 and Ubuntu dual boot
 Would FTK find hash values in the unallocated space?
 File path in the URL field in Internet Evidence Finder
 Question about forensics (newbie)
 Find the geographic position of a mobile phone

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - Starting Computer Forensics & have some questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting Computer Forensics & have some questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jess86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Starting Computer Forensics & have some questions Reply with quote

I am interested in going to school for my bachelor's Criminal Justice Computer Forensics and I would like some advice from people who have either worked in this field or are currently working. Any advice is appreciated but I have some questions as well. Feel free to answer all or some of my questions as this is also part of a school assignment. Should take about 20 mins. Thank you in advance.
1. What do you like and dislike about this field?
2. What requirements in the computer would I need? (very nervous i will invest a thousand dollars into the wrong computer. Might be looking for the wrong things.
3. I have heard that working in the legal field in criminal recoveries that it wears on you mentally. (rape or murders) True or false
4. Does anyone have a past criminal background and not been able to finds work due to that? Nothing serious, but i heard that the simplest charge can stop you from working.
5. What are some of the most difficult or frustrating parts of this career.
6.What type of advancement opportunities are available for an entry-level worker in this career?
7.what kind of hours do you work?
8.How does this career affect your lifestyle?
9.What type of tasks do you do in a typical day or week?
10.How do I best prepare myself for this career?
11. How did you get the job you have?
12.What kind of job (titles) can I get with a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice Computer Forensics. What is your degree and exact title?
13.How is the economy effecting this career?
14. Do you ever take work home with you? If so on average how often?
15.Is your work primarily individual or predominately in groups or teams?
16.What courses have proved to be the most valuable to you in your work?
17. Is there a dress code where you work? Is it business or casual?
18.When people leave this career, what are the usual reasons?
19.What skills or personal characteristics do you feel contribute most to success in this industry?
20.What sacrifices have you had to make to succeed in this field, and do you feel the sacrifices were worth it?
SgtJackie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I can't post my answers.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: