Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: WhqUr3s577
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 29415

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

Hostile work enviornment
 Can anyone suggest me a topic under printers forensics
 Unallocated clustered as court evidence
 Encryption
 I know how to recover ost file 2016

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - Computer Forensics Interview Questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer Forensics Interview Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Employment Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PreferredUser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBosshardt - how did it go?
CBosshardt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interview? I haven't had it yet. I'm doing my interview on Wednesday.

I'm hoping all goes well.

There are 3 positions available if I remember correctly, and 2 of my classmates from college are also interviewing for the positions.

I'm hoping for a best case scenario and that all 3 of us get in, because we all know each others strengths and weaknesses from working with each other for so long and we would be able to play off of that.

But, I don't invest all of my hope, in case this scenario isn't so.
CBosshardt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just did my interview yesterday for BCI in Richfield. I survived it, but I don't know how well it's going to go.

I don't do interviews well. If I had a chance to show them what I could do instead of answer personal opinion questions, I might have a better shot at it.
DavidSullivan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Interview questions Reply with quote

Just a simple and pretty obvious point from my experience as a recruiter is that the reason most people fail at interview stage is purely due to not demonstrating enthusiasm, personality and genuine interest during the interview. It is very easy to become almost robotic in your replies with nerves and anxiety: be aware of this.

A number of my Clients have commented that they would rather take somebody who isn't as strong technically at this stage but who has the attitude and motivation to learn rather than a technical expert unable to demonstrate those personal attributes.

On the subject of specific questions, one of our graduates going for their first interview last week was asked the following, apparently so the interviewer could assess their thought processes:

"How many golf balls are there in the world"

Hmmm, interesting!
PreferredUser

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Interview questions Reply with quote

DavidSullivan wrote:
"How many golf balls are there in the world"
Let's see, if you count all the ones I have sliced into the woods or dropped in the creek that would be . . . .
CBosshardt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my best to show some personality at the interview. My problem is that with the technical questions they ask me, I choke up. I may very well know the answer, but it just can't come to me quick enough.

I could brush up with my notes from my classes before hand all I like tell my mind is numb, but when it comes to on the spot, I blank.
CBosshardt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Interview questions Reply with quote

DavidSullivan wrote:
A number of my Clients have commented that they would rather take somebody who isn't as strong technically at this stage but who has the attitude and motivation to learn rather than a technical expert unable to demonstrate those personal attributes.

Well, if that is the case, hopefully the people at BCI Richfield see that in me and choose me for a position. I really want this and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get this job.

Because, as much as I love my family, I don't want to keep crashing with my aunt and uncle for the rest of my life. It's not fair to them financially.
CBosshardt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for anyone who might care to know, I have another job interview coming up next week.

It's with Vestige, Ltd. in Medina, OH. So, if there is anyone out there who may be pulling for me, wish me luck. Hopefully, the third time is the charm.
debaser_

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBosshardt wrote:
just for anyone who might care to know, I have another job interview coming up next week.

It's with Vestige, Ltd. in Medina, OH. So, if there is anyone out there who may be pulling for me, wish me luck. Hopefully, the third time is the charm.

Good luck man. The fact that you are getting multiple interviews is a good sign that the jobs are out there. Did you contact those companies directly or find them on a job board? I rarely ever see a posting for a non senior position. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places? I bet the anxiety of the first interview is a memory by now. You are probably doing a much better job of presenting yourself and your level of knowledge to the interviewer. Let us know how you do.
CBosshardt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i found out about it through a classmate of mine who had an interview there. The interviewing feels a bit better, but I still have trouble presenting myself.

But, I will certainly let everyone know how it goes. It is scheduled for Tuesday at 1.
mfors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck, keep us posted
CBosshardt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, so far, no luck yet. I haven't heard back yet from BCI Richfield or Vestige, Ltd. It's gotten bad enough that I'm working at the local Meijer just to make end's meet. But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I hope I hear something good soon. I don't want to be a cashier for the rest of my life.
CBosshardt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thanks, btw, for everyone who has shown even the slightest interest in my pursuit for happiness. It helps me get by every now and then.
mikhl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did things turn out for you. I see it's been a few years since the last post, so I was wondering how things went with your pursuit of happiness?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Employment Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: