Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: dmegdime
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 29658

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

Locate great footwear for children
 with wearing boots and shoes
 You could notify your knockoffs
 which will anyone grasped
 any domestic just one

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - Itt Tech Computer Forensics
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Itt Tech Computer Forensics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Digital Forensics: Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scrooloose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Itt Tech Computer Forensics Reply with quote

I am looking for any input or information on the ITT Tech Computer Forensics program. Pro's and Con's from current students in the program.

Thanks
wikkidjester

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how the program is, but i have signed up to start it in December so hopefully good. If there is anyone else in these forums who has information or who has signed up to take the classes send me a message or post a reply. I'm pretty new to the field and don't have a computer background so I'm hoping its a pretty in depth program so i can actually get a job on or before finishing it.
BA2LLB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you be attending ITT on campus or online?

If you are studying online or willing to move, you might want to look into Champlain College, in Vermont, as they offer both an undergraduate certificate and an undergraduate degree in computer and digital forensics. Champlain College is recognized by the National Institute of Justice and many of the students get internships with law enforcement forensic laboratories including those of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
wikkidjester

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going the online route, I actually believe the computer forensics program is only offered online by ITT. Does anyone know if the ITT Tech program is good? And also how the industry looks at the school and its graduates?
Pat1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also scheduled to start takeing the online course in computer forensics at ITT Tech. Does anyone have any feedback on the course or recommendations.
pgcole

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know for a fact that devry has a program. i'm looking at it now. it's called computer information systems, specializing in computer forensics.

it seems to be quite business oriented, so i don't know.

sorry, couldn't tell you about ITT tech.
shelll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attended ITT for a year before I fully realized how much of a waste of time it was. However, I can only tell you what I experienced through the criminal justice program, which in all reality isn't too dissimilar from computer forensics in the early stages of education.

My time spent there was a joke. The instructors didn't know much more about what they were trying to teach than the students, and the cost was outrageous compared to other, more credible universities. Additionally, after I began my schooling there, I found out that some of the other campuses had been raided by the FBI a few years back, but I cannot recall all of the details about that particular situation. The courses I took offered no challenge whatsoever; the information was no better than what I could have found on the internet without even trying. Also, they seem to be masters of deception in that they will tell you things like you can be like the people on the t.v. shows...CSI, NCIS, etc. when in truth, those jobs do not exist in that reality. Do not believe everything they tell you; do your research before you give them your money.

Now, I can't say that it is this way at every location, but I have come to expect to learn something after paying such high tuition. My advice would be to find an institution you can attend in person, and that holds actual education in high regard. Attending in person will give you that hands on experience you cannot get very easily with online courses.
zookeeper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at ITT now but looking at Colorado and Champlain. I really enjoy the ITT classes, but all the bad press is scaring me.

EDIT - Moved to Rasmussen online out of Ocala, Florida to get an associates in Accounting specializing in Fraud. I did this because my contact at Utica, who has a nice computer forensics bachelor's, told me this would be his first choice to get that associates in. After seeing both websites intimately (ITT and Rasmussen), I am positive I've made a great choice to move. Plus, it's cheaper.

My sincere advice is to go with your gut. I did, and I'm soooooo glad.
Jrenter3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Starting Monday Reply with quote

Well, I have changed from CTU (Colorado Technical University) to ITT Tech Online for the Computer Forensics Major. Although more expensive, the classes, each and every one, deal with your major and not all the other junk that other colleges require. This was a selling point for me. I mean, what does The History of Art have to do with CF in today's world? I want the most current up to date info and training available. This is why I chose ITT and I hope I made the right choice.
echo410

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: ITT Tech Reply with quote

I am just finished my first quarter ( I go part time) at ITT online- And thur far like it. It fits my life style and needs and the classes seem relavant so far. I would like to hear from others who are further along in the program.
Poppy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: ITT Tech CF Online Reply with quote

I am about a year into the program and aside from some of the relatively inadequate academic support the classes seem pertinent and the resources are plentiful. ITT has done me better than Pheonix and I have no real complaints.
skootersnowy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: new to ITT Reply with quote

I just started out at ITT Tech 4 weeks ago, I was/am very interested in computer forensics, I have some computer background, so I am not flying blind, course work seems easy enough, lots of it though, I dont kow how someone with a job manages to do all the work if they are carrying a full case load like I am. I am going for the Associates in Computer Forensics and then Bachelors in Network security. I am an older adult going back to school so its getting some taking getting used to, but so far the only complaint I have was that they were kinda like car sales men when I talked to them about information about their courses and next thing you know I am signed up.....so they are a little slipppery that way.
Because I do not give a damn."
Dorothy Parker
cammons

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself am set to start the computer foresnics course in September. I certainly understand and empathize with the "used car salesman" feel. I was signed up before I could catch my breath it seems. Wishing you much luck and success acquiring your goals!!
shanuck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am studying at Devry. The classes are challenging and they mix it up for you ( alittle of your field of study with the boring stuff)

I will say this. My wife went to ITT-Tech. she received an Associates in CJ
She wanted to go on to a Bachelors degree, but none of her credits would transfer.

The classes at ITT-Tech were not very challenging, ( I helped her with several of them)

I would say Devry is better than ITT-Tech, but this is only one example. Devry and ITT-Tech both offer many more classes.
Fredjclaus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please post a link to the ITT Tech and Devry courses? I talked to ITT Tech yesterday and they told me they don't have a forensics cours online.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Digital Forensics: Getting Started All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: