Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: bludhound
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 29409

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

Can anyone suggest me a topic under printers forensics
 Unallocated clustered as court evidence
 Encryption
 I know how to recover ost file 2016
 IE11 and Keywords

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - CF Career
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CF Career

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Digital Forensics: Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowvail

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: CF Career Reply with quote

I'm currently 26 years old and just about to finish my masters in computer science. I am very interested in the field of CF. My undergraduate degree is in Law and Society which I received from a four year school. I have also previously worked for the DoD where I was given a secret clearance. I worked as a systems administrator for roughly 2 years before the army installation I worked on was tragically closed due to a realignment. Thousands of people lost their jobs or were forced to retire.

Being young, it did not weigh as heavily on me and I decided it would be a smart move to collect my unemployment and pursue the masters degree I had always wanted. I am very computer friendly and I have worked as an IT support tech, a repair tech, and a web designer (self employed) in addition to the above. I have also interned in a local court system with a prosecutor and learned a bit about how court works behind the scenes. Basically it all boils down to the fact that I love technology and computers are my life. I would absolutely love to combine my two passions into a career and CF seems to be exactly what I have been looking for.

I am extremely interested in this field and I am wondering if my above credentials would be attractive to potential employers or even just enough to land me an internship so I can gain an edge with a bit of experience. Obviously, there are plenty of other factors involved in being a worthy candidate, but I am just talking in a general sense. If not, what would you recommend me to do in order to better myself so that I can achieve my dream and become employed. (Besides learning all I can about the field and its subject matter and what is included in the sticky above this post Smile)

I know this question seems to pop up all over this forum, but I just wanted to get a more personalized reply.Thanks guys. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Sean
PreferredUser

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you willing to relocate? There are a number of CF jobs on usajobs dot com right now.
Shadowvail

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely. I'm currently in Nj, but I'm willing to go almost anywhere in order to get started.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Digital Forensics: Getting Started All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: