Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: williamlucas
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 29661

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

Esta zapatilla para correr Air Max Plus TN también se puede
 Software to search an FTK Lite Mounted drive with keyword
 How much can be found?
 Computer Forensic in responding to Data Breach issues
 A bunch of numbers about digital evidences collection

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - How do I catch a cyber stalker??????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I catch a cyber stalker??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Missmortician

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: How do I catch a cyber stalker?????? Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
I was married to a cyber stalker for 17 years, after being now divorced 3 years, he still continues to cyber stalk me. He has deleted all evidence I have off my computer, off my home security system, and is entering my home when I am asleep. He is OBSESSED with me and I fear for my life as he grows in more skill and ability to be undetected. Local cops think I'm making it up because I have no tangible proof.

Last edited by Missmortician on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
cybercop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to keep contacting the police. You also need to change the locks on the house and make sure all doors and windows ARE locked. You might consider getting a nanny cam. Get a dog that will bark when someone is messing around the house, (Small dogs are usually the noisiest). Might look into an alarm system. Radio Shack has some that are not expensive and are wireless so they are easy to set up. You don't really need one that will be monitored by a center, just one that has a siren that makes some noise. Contact the courts and get a restraining order / protective order that way if they do catch him near the house he WILL go to jail.
Missmortician

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: How do I catch a cyber stalker ???? Reply with quote

Cyber cop,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll keep calling the police. Sometimes the cops make a report, sometimes they do not. They have lifted fingerprints but have not done anything with them.

I changed the lockes 3 times. I got sticks for each window and sliding door. I got some different cameras since my home security system turned out to be useless- other than he was able to monitor my every move with it and I paid good money to provide that unfortunately to him.

I got a pit bull from the pound last week.

I just got the 3rd restraining order since I left him 3 years ago. I think it makes #7 since I have known him. It's just a piece of paper, it's never stopped him in the past.

I figured out today after doing some research on my new computer, that he has been using CPU Meter and Magic Canvas on my computer to transfer files to his computer- I'm trying to figure out the IP address of where it's going so I can prove it is him hacking into my records. I just bought this computer in February, there's no way he could of gotten access to it with my consent!

If I can map the exact link to this hacker I believe is my ex- that may just be the only break I'll have to stopping him stalking me- maybe then the cops will take me serious. Based on the content of the files that are being transfered- I'm positive it's my ex- only he would go that far to have that kind of personal control over me. If he doesn't know my every move- that is unbearable for him- he's that obsessed. He's not going to go away unless someone makes him stop. And so far he's been doing it for over 20 years to me and did that to others before me. It's pretty scary actually- he's very dangerous.
PreferredUser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, edit your original post and remove your phone number. Also remove it from the several other posts you have made online.

Second, if you believe there is evidence on your computer you need to hire a professional. By looking for evidence on your own you are basically walking into the crime scene with muddy boots and tromping on any evidence that may exist.

FWIW CPU Meter just monitors the performance of your computer and Magic Canvas is an HP product designed as a more intuitive interface to operate your computer. Neither is used to transfer files.

If you are concerned about his ability to get files from your computer there are a number of products like TrueCrypt and PGP that will encrypt your data. As long as you use a strong password your data is safe from prying eyes.

I would guess there is a women's shelter in your area. Consult with them on this problem. They will have good resources including law enforcement contacts that will be responsive to your needs.
Missmortician

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The local cops are useless- last one who came out and finger printed my car......didn't bother to get the make/model/plate for his report- and then put info from a previous car I owned in the report. If they are incapable of gathering correct data for a report- how the hell will they be able to catch a master criminal?

I'm hiring a computer pro, this is way beyond what local authorities are capable of. I even called the FBI today, simply stated, they don't have the man power to work my domestic case.

This is crap, this is why we have women whom get killed by their former spouse/lover. Our system is pathetic in protecting women. A shelter, that's about as useless as a protection order!
PreferredUser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FBI does not work domestic abuse cases even if they had the manpower, it is not within the scope of work they investigate. The FBI only investigates federal crimes.

The reason I suggested the shelter was so that you could get assistance in finding the right resources be it the right investigator with the local police, a private detective that specializes in these cases, etc. A shelter and its staff are far from useless.

I am sorry you are going through this, however you need to get over your attitude that the police and shelters are useless.

In these politically correct times everyone has rights, so while you think the system is pathetic in protecting victims, unjustly accused people see it differently. Unfortunately there are people that also game the system to take advantage of victims.

If you truly feel your local resources are useless there are national organizations to reach out to:
Battered Women’s Justice Project
(800) 903-0111
www . bwjp . org

Family Violence Prevention Fund/Health Resource Center
(800) 313-1310
endabuse . org

National Center for Victims of Crime
(800) 394-2255
www . ncvc . org

National Organization for Victim Assistance
(800) 879-6682
www . trynova . org

National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
(800) 537-2238
(800) 553-2508, TDD
www . nrcdv . org

Stalking Resource Center
www . ncvc . org/src
Missmortician

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a criminal justice degree, so I guess at one period in my life I believed in the justice system. As the years progressed, so did the degree of stalking and his ability to avoid detection. What I once looked up to, has severely deminished. When he can slice the tire of a swat member I dated and remain free- there really is no justice for anyone. No one has been able to catch him, and it will take a ton of money to trace down where he is sending my files (personal & business).

I apologize for insulting the shelter, for some it may have worked. As for the local authorities- submit the prints they have.

Basically, he's a master criminal as my home security company (who serves over 6,500 people) has said.

One of my children was molested by his brother and convicted. My other child was investigated by CPS for making a report to a neighbor that his dad hurt his pee pee, when they investigated my son at four- he said he could not talk about it and the case was closed. I was molested by him at age 12, when I went to get a copy of the medical records for 1985, the hospital said- we only go back to 1989. So with all that- he is free to continue molesting and terrorizing others. Oh I forgot to mention the email I have that he agrees to meet with a 17 yr old for sex.

The facts are pretty clear to me the guy is very questionable. He however is far from innocent from what I personally know about him. It's sad to say, but he once was a reserve for one of the local authorities (back in the 80's when he was molesting me up by the towers where he installed radio equipment) and he once had a job installing equipment in police cars. He has the perfect background and skills to out wit the local authorities, beside his car salesman personality. He is the master criminal.

He has one flaw- he isn't the best liar when confronted, he'll talk circles around the actual question. Once on the stand, his vengeful demeanor is pretty apparent, if you get past his whole story that we get a long and he just doesn't understand why I'd be accusing him. Truth be told- I can't stand his lying stealing unlawful manipulating ways and I have absolutely no desire to ever be around it again. Problem I have- is HE stalks me. HE breaks into my home, business, vehicles and he's constantly trying to destroy any means I have to live a life void of him. He's obsessed with me- has been since he first molested me at age 12.

I want my life back that he stole from me and I want my privacy. I want him to stay away from ME- period. He can see his kids- but I'm not his possession and he has NO right to stalk me- period!

He has no right to ask my neighbors or others to watch me, call me and ask me when I'll be home or what I am doing, to have my kids report my activities to him- all that is a violation of my rights. And it shouldn't be too much to ask the local authorities to take my complaints seriously. He has told authorities he has stalked me, he has had people hide out by my bedroom windows- call me stupid- but doesn't that constitute an order violation when one is in place?

If the guy has a history of stalking, molesting, & threats of suicide- shouldn't the police protect the innocent?

I am a licensed funeral director, I've had to sew up my fair share of domestic cases where the stalker finally killed their victim. I'm not messing around when I say I fear what he would do to me considering the years I have known him. He is very capable of killing me and getting away with it. He's not stupid- he's actually very intelligent in a dangerous way. I have worked as a deputy coroner- I'm not imaging a God damn thing! That's what he's trying to make the authorities believe.

So I don't know what more anyone can do to stop him- with all the skills and education I have- I can't even help myself since he is able to destroy all my records.

Basically, I have to live with a stalker. That's NOT what I signed up for when I met him at age 9. I've grown older and wiser- so has my stalker.
Missmortician

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of him, and the hell he has put me through, the hell he has put my kids through, all those years of trying to divorce him, I have made it my passion to help victims of domestic violence, drinking and driving, and homicide- I help the families put their loved ones to rest when the system fails them too. I put faces and bodies back together so families can say one last good bye- but I can't save myself from a preditor. That's pretty f'd up!
Missmortician

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought cyber was federal.
cybercop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are specific requirements necessary to make it a Federal case. Your situation does not meet any of those requirements. If you don't feel like your local police department is doing their job, contact the state police. From your description, it may qualify for an anti-stalking case.
1deeno1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: RE: CyberStalking Reply with quote

My Forensic firm handles CyberStalking cases. Usually, when we perform computer forensic investigations for individuals, our reports can be given to law enforcement (and on many occasions have been given to law enforcement) for further action if necessary. If you feel our services may assist you, please contact us: 1-866-210-5254. check out our webpage: www . computerforensicsresources . com. I really want to help you with this...I've been stalked myself and it is NOT pretty. There are many things we can do to help you.

Moderator Note: Direct Links Are Not Allowed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Legal Issues All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: