Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: karlfernandes
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 29414

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

Hostile work enviornment
 Can anyone suggest me a topic under printers forensics
 Unallocated clustered as court evidence
 Encryption
 I know how to recover ost file 2016

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - computer forensics or information security
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

computer forensics or information security

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Digital Forensics: Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: computer forensics or information security Reply with quote

I need some advice and recommendations

I'm about to do my master and I need to make a decision on what course I should take now I have two options either computer forensics or information security

what I want to know is:

is the difference/gap between these to big

do they have some kind of relative connection so if I take any of them I can still go and practice the other filed -in case I wanted to change my job field.

give me some advice I would love to hear from those professional or experts on these fields as thy can help with their experiences[/list]
    DarkKnight

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only speak from my experience on the computer forensic side of things, but I will tell you that the places I work with in the public sector would not hire someone without a computer forensic degree and/or experience in that field. In my opinion, they are wise to follow that policy. While a computer security degree will give you lots of experience with technology, there is much more to computer forensics than simply being knowledgeable about technology.

That being said, a masters is usually not required to get into the computer forensic field. If you do get your computer security degree and decide to switch, an associates in computer forensics would probably give you enough of a base to get you an interview.
    captin

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well during my bachelor (computer networks and security) we had computer forensic subject where we studied that field :types,methods and techniques
    and as far as I know that moving from information security to forensic is much helpful and easier than doing it the other way around
    as information security is wider than forensic which I believe is kind of portion or part of other one.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Digital Forensics: Getting Started All times are GMT + 10 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: