Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: williamlucas
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 29661

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

Software to search an FTK Lite Mounted drive with keyword
 How much can be found?
 Computer Forensic in responding to Data Breach issues
 A bunch of numbers about digital evidences collection
 Computer forensic issue

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - Master's program at IIT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master's program at IIT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Training and Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Master's program at IIT Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience with the Master of Cyber Forensics and Security program at the Illinois Institute of Technology? I have heard very little about the program itself, although the course descriptions seem pretty interesting.

I'm about to finish an IT degree, and would like to specialize in forensics by entering a decent graduate program. Right now, I am trying to decide between IIT, UCF, or Champlain (in that order).

Any feedback is appreciated.

http :// www . itm . iit . edu/cybersecurity/

Moderator Note: Direct links are not allowed
Fredjclaus

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know much about these schools, however I can tell you this much. Champlain college is where agents from Homeland Security and the FBI are trained.
PreferredUser

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fredjclaus wrote:
Champlain college is where agents from Homeland Security and the FBI are trained.
Really? Can you provide some validation for this?

I would say from my personal experience that Champlain is fairly rudimentary and underwhelming for anyone that has even a modicum of experience in the field.
Fredjclaus

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No solid proof. I have been told by the director of Homeland Security Investigations here in New York that his guys where sent there for training. It's all hear say though. Nothing that would hold up in court if I had to swear on it.
mzivkovic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Cyber Forensics and Security program at IIT. So far, I finished 3 courses. 1. Computer Forensics 2. Computer Forensics Management and Database Security. In a week, new semester start and I will take Mobile Forensics, Evidence and Vulnerability Analysis.

So far, I like the classes, especially with Bill Lidinsky. I learned a lot in his class.

This summer, I tried to get internship in USSS and DHS. I was interviewed by both. My overall opinion was that I was able to elaborate all the topics and answer the questions. The interviews were very successful. I got an offer from DHS but not in my city so I had to reject it. Since I am dual citizen, I am not sure that I will ever get decent position in government agencies.

About the program at IIT, it is a great start. IIT Forensics department has its own conference (Forensicon) which every year gain in popularity. If I have to say something bad about it, I would say that we need more specialized forensic classes and new instructors.

If you have any specific question, please to not hesitate to ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Training and Education All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: