Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: bludhound
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 29409

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

Can anyone suggest me a topic under printers forensics
 Unallocated clustered as court evidence
 Encryption
 I know how to recover ost file 2016
 IE11 and Keywords

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - Considering a career in Computer Forensics
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Considering a career in Computer Forensics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Digital Forensics: Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GLaDOS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Considering a career in Computer Forensics Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to get opinions and advice from the community. I'm 3 years out of college (degrees in Business Management and Marketing) and after working 2 years in the Operations department of my company, I was able to transfer over to their IT department doing mostly support work. I've done a lot of IT work on my own, but this is my first opportunity to work in IT at the Enterprise level.

My boss enrolled me in a training program for the EnCase software we use. I've gone through a few of their online videos and have really enjoyed it - so much so that I'm considering doing Computer Forensics full time one day in the future. I was hoping to get advice and feedback from the members here who work in Computer Forensics. Would you recommend this field to others? Would you have any suggestions for someone completely new to this field? I'd appreciate any and all advice! I sincerely appreciate your time and feedback!

Thank you.
PreferredUser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an employer that is willing to invest in your training you have a leg up on a lot of people that are trying to get into the industry.

In addition to training on the tools you need to understand file systems and operating systems. From there look into the many advanced topics in forensics. Additionally you need some understanding of law.
janeleonard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Good Decision Reply with quote

Choosing Computer Forensics for your career is something great. Before you go with any classes make sure you know about operating systems and files systems.
kris_isme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Decision Reply with quote

janeleonard wrote:
Choosing Computer Forensics for your career is something great. Before you go with any classes make sure you know about operating systems and files systems.

Do you have any recommendations on books that will help to expand my knowledge on Computer Forensics all the way around?
PreferredUser

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Good Decision Reply with quote

kris_isme wrote:
Do you have any recommendations on books that will help to expand my knowledge on Computer Forensics all the way around?
What areas do you think are not being covered at Champlain? Do you need more law, a wider breadth of operating systems, more in depth in a particular discipline?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Digital Forensics: Getting Started All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: