Android devices with PIN screen lock and without USBdebb. on

• We encourage our users to use Real Names to build a real community, friendships and networking opportunities.

[more information]

Thomas30

Nov 21, 2016
Hello
I'm relatively new to Mobile Forensics so please be understanding :)
Is there any technique or maybe some application which can acquire data from Android mobile devices which are locked with PIN screen or Pattern and the usb debugging is off. ?
I get phone to analyze and I dont know someone's google account or anything that could somehow help me.
I was using mobilEdit on pin locked screen to collect data but it only works when usb debugging is on.

prof

Feb 14, 2005
Hi Thomas,

normally Andriller is our friend. But in your case . . .

You can try it by feet. The pattern is stored in a 20-byte SHA-1 Hash in the file "gesture.key" in /data/system in the Android phone. If you know this you can use the adb and avd tools.

Another way is ADEL (Android Data Extractor Lite). It is coded in python and works on linux. It is a commercial tool like the tools from Magnet Forensics.

You can also use the OSAF (Open Source Android Forensic Toolkit) which is built on Ubuntu or Autopsy and the Sleuth Kit.

All you can/ will need/ use depends on your knowledge and the money you will pay.

Greetings prof.

Always think of the local laws if you use these tools! :!:

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu