Certifications for Computer Forensics

Jan 11, 2006
Don't get hung up on certifications if you're trying to get your foot in the door. They won't hurt, unless you've invested all or most of your resources (time and money) into obtaining them. CISSP and GCFA may be worth pursuing depending upon your background and goals.

Perhaps more helping in getting your foot through that door is networking. Often overlooked until the last moment :( But networking will absolutely help you. As will authoring papers, performing research, and collaborating with others in the field.

Cheers!

farmerdude

www . onlineforensictraining . com

www . forensicbootcd . com

kornbyrd

Feb 25, 2010
Hi I did the CHFI from Ec-council as an entry level cert into forensics. It was helpful as a foundation of sorts. The slides that came with the books were helpful.

Hoping to move further into the field. Lots of great books out there with useful info.

Sep 9, 2011
CHFI v4 Certification

<t>Regarding CHFI Certification, I'm looking for the CHFI v4 Study Guide and can't find it. I can only find the CHFI v3 Study Guide published in 2007. Can I still use the 2007 guide for the CHFI cert? I only ask because I'm on a budget, so dropping $3k for the CHFI course is a bit much right now. <br/>
<br/>
Thanks as always. --J</t>

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu