Computer Forensics Information

Contribute to the community and build up your resume

Contribute to this forum by helping to moderate and answer questions.

If interested, please contact us at forum@ComputerForensicsWorld.com

Leo09

Aug 10, 2010
Hi my name is Aurelio and I go to DeVry University for Computer Forensics. I'm doing a assignment for my English class that requires me to gather information on my career and try to persuade someone to join the same field as me. I need a lot of information because I don't really know what computer Forensics is.

So if someone can explain to me what computer forensics is; what type of education do you need in order to work in this field; where can you apply for a job in this field.

So if anyone can answer those questions I would greatly appreciate it. I love this field and can't wait to go out into the world and put myself in the middle of the action.

Ancient

Apr 3, 2007
So, It's your major but you don't know what it is. Use the search function on these forums to find additional information.

Leo09

Aug 10, 2010
harold007 said:
Here is a link with all of the info you requested:

http://www.computerforensicsworld.com/index.php

Thanks for the link ^_^ and to everyone else I have an idea but I'm pretty sure its wrong so I didn't want to say it

Bookertl

May 21, 2009
Thanks and yes, was a Vic-20. Once a remote takeover is accomplished, is there a way to prove the activity was a result of a remote connection rather then a keyboard at the console. The system I am referring to was set up to handle very specific job processing using stand alone server software, windows 2003 hooked up to 3 work stations.

Can it be determined without question, that a remote take over was performed by way of this sever. This sever is behind a company firewall, but does have open access to internet, mail etc..

Maybe this post makes a little more sense.

cybercop

Administrator
Oct 31, 2005
Thanks and yes, was a Vic-20. Once a remote takeover is accomplished, is there a way to prove the activity was a result of a remote connection rather then a keyboard at the console. The system I am referring to was set up to handle very specific job processing using stand alone server software, windows 2003 hooked up to 3 work stations.

Can it be determined without question, that a remote take over was performed by way of this sever. This sever is behind a company firewall, but does have open access to internet, mail etc..
As far as your homework goes, you should probably get the answers from your books and or instructors. Everything you do on a computer leaves some kind of trail. Following that trail can get difficult if the person knows how to cover up their tracks.

Jun 23, 2011
Hello! I am new to the world of computer forensics but I have decided to pursue this venue as my major. I am working on my associates degree at the present time, so I have a ways to go. What advice can give me? Thank You!

Mar 22, 2015
hi

<t>Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.</t>

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu