Creating Images of Windows with dynamic user data

d0zer

Apr 13, 2016
Hey dear community,

i am new to computer forensic.
at my university i am now in a research group and i got the task to implement a automatic creation of images of windows systems with dynamci user data, that can be investigated by forensic tools.

present way to go is:
- Setup Windows 7/10
- Using it in "normal" way for several days

i want to, if possible as far as possible automatically:
- Setup a Windows 7/10
- generate dynamically user data per Image
- generate user data= some pictures, web history!, ...

do you got some information or tips how i can achieve this?

thanks guys :)
best regards

athulin

Experienced Member
Oct 18, 2007
Ratings
d0zer said:
do you got some information or tips how i can achieve this?
No. Not unless you qualify your use of the word 'normal'.

There are software testing tools that, more or less, 'start programs, and press buttons'. Those may help you some way in that direction, But those are best asked about in software testing forums.

Otherwise, document 'normal' as well as you can. (Start computer, read mail, visit some social networking sites, visit on-line forums, visit YouTube, make the occasional click on advertisements or the 'You may also be interested in ...' type of links, and so on.) Then try to implement that behaviour with macro tools or scripting tools or those earlier testing tools.

It won't be easy.

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu