Digital Forensics Readiness

• We encourage our users to use Real Names to build a real community, friendships and networking opportunities.

[more information]

Ziela

Apr 24, 2017
I am a newbie in my organization. I also a new learner of these digital forensics things and it's still confusing me. Recently, the organization having the investigation towards the privacy breach problem,so it's involving digital forensics investigation. Talking about digital forensics, that organization have digital forensics readiness of any issues that possibly will happen in their organization. Means that, they have the response team in the organization in order to minimize the cost instead of hiring outsider to solve the problem. I am curious about these matters:

a) Is there any insurance discounts for the cost involved in the investigation of the privacy breach even they have the response team?
b) The importance of training and education in this digital forensics. Should it be introduced widely to students/professionals/staffs?

Can anyone help to clarify my curiosity? :?

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu