Finding Out When A Hotmail Account was Created.

Twink

Mar 28, 2007
Hi,

A friend of mine has been getting some pretty nasty emails. Now, we know and have found out where the emails are coming from and that's good. But what we now need to know is when the account was created.

We want to know if this is a hotmail account that has been used before or if it was created for the purpose of these emails.

Thanks in advance.

Twink.

Prickaerts

Administrator
Jan 2, 2006
Microsoft will (only) release that kind of information to LE when they subpoena this.

You could check if a live profile exists for this address. Sometimes blog entries (or lack) can indicate lifetime...

Twink

Mar 28, 2007
Drat!

She's not ready to involve the authorities at the moment. We were hoping to get this sorted out ourselves.

I'll have to go and speak to her again I suppose - try to convince her that she needs to contact the authorities if she gets any again.

Thanks for your help.

Why is this the case when webmail's such as yahoo have this info in the profiles?

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu