Hiding Information in a Image on Twitter

• We encourage our users to use Real Names to build a real community, friendships and networking opportunities.

[more information]

azuleonyx

Experienced Member
Oct 20, 2018
Ratings
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
cyberfenixtech.blogspot.com
Twitter
https://twitter.com/AzuleOnyx
I came across a post on fitting large amounts of data within a image using the ICC_Profile of the image. You can read about it here: How to fit all of Shakespeare in one tweet (and why not to do it!)

I find it interesting it's a #notabug according to Twitter. Though, it's going to be a new to hide information on Twitter. I realize it's not encrypted (but who says it cannot be encrypted before putting in the image).

Oct 19, 2018
Ratings
That is interesting! I had forgotten about steganography. After reading that article, I came across a zdnet article published a fews days ago about Malvertising incidents utilizing steganography. Sadly the article is pretty low on actual details. It makes a claim that "Malicious code hidden in advert images cost ad networks $1.13bn this year". However, looking at their source for that stat, I think it was claiming that "auto-redirect malvertising" in general is generating those losses. (Also how do they come up with these figures?).

Still, very interesting area to explore further. Thanks for sharing.

azuleonyx

Experienced Member
Oct 20, 2018
Ratings
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
cyberfenixtech.blogspot.com
Twitter
https://twitter.com/AzuleOnyx
@Fast & Furious : TBH, how do they come up with most numbers for Cyber Security? It seems too much of whatever data they used is locked away and cannot be verified by normal people due to laws and restrictions (including pay walls). Very frustrating.

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu