incompetent ???

Contribute to the community and build up your resume

Contribute to this forum by helping to moderate and answer questions.

If interested, please contact us at forum@ComputerForensicsWorld.com

runrabbit

Sep 3, 2015
Hello

I realize this forum in probably not the best or most appropriate place to ask , but im at the end of my rope , ,in regards to iPhone forensics , is not the first rule that if you find versions of apps ( .iap files ) that cannot be found in the iTunes store or you find no results on google for those versions of apps , would it not be logical that this is a major red flag ??

I ask as i have a not jailbroken Iphone , my computer is full of viruses, every apple associated .dll file has errors , and i cannot find any version on my just downloaded via itunes , gmail or outlook .iap versions on the internet .

What is the logical interpretation given these facts ? Surely im compromised

I ask because i have just spent a lot of money with a so called forensic investigator and im absolutely gob smacked , all my friends can find any of their versions of the same apps on the internet ,or any app they have , and mine also contain the word HYbrid ( GmailHybrid.appcom.google.Gmail.ipa ) I mean how obvious is that !!!!! ( if you search on google the only reference to this app will be from me posting on various forums )

also this error on my PC

invalid map/set<T> iteratormap/set<T> too longvector<T> too longApple Software Update Testing Mode Enabled** If you see this otherwise, please contact your system administrator. **This configuration could reveal potentially malicious packages not signed by Apple.

So who is correct , me or the so called forensic guy i hired ( i have 10 more apps not found on google , as well as many apple settings like group.com.apple.stocks )

any comment would be appreciated

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu