Liability Insurance for examiners

wilber999

Jun 24, 2006
Does anyone have recommendations on liability insurance for independent examiners? I have one quote from techinsurance.com for like $3600 per year. I am hoping there is something better out there. Any suggestions?

Complete

Administrator
Aug 19, 2006
Insurance Companies

<t>I have no personal knowledge of these companies, other than I have seen them referred before. Not sure what any rates would be.<br/>
<br/>
yergeyins.com<br/>
I believe Yergey Insurance has a partnership with USAPI and therefore has a good rate for forensic examiners.<br/>
<br/>
insurance-tek.com<br/>
I heard a rumor that this company was forming a partnership with ISFCE. I have no idea if that's true or not or if they offer a CCE discount.<br/>
<br/>
trinet.com<br/>
ccbsure.com<br/>
wiredforgrowth.com/techshield/index.jsp</t>

wilber999

Jun 24, 2006
Thanks for the quick reply. The partnership with ISFCE sounds great. I just cmpleted all of my exams and am at the baord review stage. Once I am certified, I will get the skinny on the deal and report back.

AlanOne

Nov 18, 2005
Wilber,

Are you on the CCE student listserv? Just curious...I wonder how many on here are from the CCE/Student list.

Tim, CCE

wilber999

Jun 24, 2006
Not yet. I completed my last exam Wednesday night and received the e-mail that my application was sent to the board. The website indicates that there are 400 worldwide with 200 in the process.

AlanOne

Nov 18, 2005
I know the group was talking about getting a group rate (with insurance-tek.com), but some have expressed concerns as anything that happens to one, may affect the rates of the whole group. So yes, there is some talk but nothing has been decided (at least to my knowledge).

I have a quote from yergeyins.com and it is far from the $3,600/year you mentioned. It is for liability at $1 mill/incident, $2 mill aggregate and E&O insurance. Give them a shout, I think you will be suprised.

Tim, CCE

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu