NEVER Mention your product in a reply –> That does NOT make sense!

• We encourage our users to use Real Names to build a real community, friendships and networking opportunities.

[more information]

twicesafe

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 4, 2018
Ratings
Vancouver, Canada
www.computerforensicsworld.com
Twitter
Forensic_Notes
Brett Shaver’s has an interesting blog post at:
DFIR Training
In summary, Brett discusses views within the community that think it is inappropriate to ever post a link to your product or service, especially in a forum reply.
Well, obviously we agree with Brett’s view that this just doesn’t make sense and why we encourage “Trusted Contributors” and others from including links to their products and services if it helps answer a question or provides value to the conversation. And if it doesn’t, but you can answer a question, please include a link to your site in your signature.
This is why we believe in Real Names create a Real Community!
And why we encourage you to customize your profile picture even if it is your company logo.
We understand that...
Continue reading...

Last edited:

twicesafe

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 4, 2018
Ratings
Vancouver, Canada
Twitter
Forensic_Notes
Brett Shaver’s has an interesting blog post at:
DFIR Training
In summary, Brett discusses views within the community that think it is inappropriate to ever post a link to your product or service, especially in a forum reply.
Well, obviously we agree with Brett’s view that this just doesn’t make sense and why we encourage “Trusted Contributors” and others from including links to their products and services if it helps answer a question or provides value to the conversation. And if it doesn’t, but you can answer a question, please include a link to your site in your signature.
This is why we believe in Real Names create a Real Community!
And why we encourage you to customize your profile picture even if it is your company logo.
We understand that...
Continue reading...

azuleonyx

Experienced Member
Oct 20, 2018
Ratings
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
cyberfenixtech.blogspot.com
Twitter
https://twitter.com/AzuleOnyx
I think not promoting X application from your specific company makes sense. However, I think if it's something that makes sense to reference it because it's a known choice when solving some kind of issue. I think having it in a signature. I find myself examine profiles and signatures for more about a person or company when the posts add to the conversation.

twicesafe

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 4, 2018
Ratings
Vancouver, Canada
Twitter
Forensic_Notes
I find myself examine profiles and signatures for more about a person or company when the posts add to the conversation.
I agree. When a person is able to add value to the conversation, you often want to know more about that person. This is an excellent opportunity to see a link in their signature and learn more about them, their product or their blog.

It also helps to make it obvious when the person is recommending a product/service simply because they are associated with that business, especially when it doesn't add value to the conversation.

When its SPAM, then please click the "Report" link under the post. If it sort of helps, but its clear the product mentioned does not work for the given issue, then a nice old "Mad" or "Sad" face can work to show your displeasure with the post.

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu