recovery software

radley

Aug 23, 2016
my question is I know that software can recover files from within programs. would that include file sharing applications where the file is scanned into folders on a program then ready to be downloaded. like text files lets say never stored on the computers file system but where stored on the program. or application. that got lost or deleted could they be extracted ?????? ( I asked a forensics company the same question they said they knew how to extract the files but I didn't want to send them my computer. so I have been looking for recovery software's ?

Loco

Jun 3, 2017
Whatever you do, do not try to run cheap data recovery programs against the original hard drive...My advice is to figure out if you "want" the data or "need" the data. If you "need" the data, then almost immediately it's a candidate for professional help since this gives you knowledge of costs and turnaround times and to know if it can be successful. I usually check with this tools https://www.cleverfiles.com/help/hard-drive-repair-software.html to see if the partition and structure has been removed from the drive and then see if data can be recovered.

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu