Starting a career path

• Be a Contributor Contest – starting January 25th, 2019! “Ask something. Share something. Like something.” Get rewarded by our great sponsors!

[More info here]

Contribute to the community and build up your resume

Contribute to this forum by helping to moderate and answer questions.

If interested, please contact us at forum@ComputerForensicsWorld.com

Cernunnos

Aug 13, 2007
I am currently enrolled at DeVry, and one of my focus possibilities is Computer Forensics. Figured that a forum like this would be the best place to meet people in my area who are already in this field to give me some good advice. I have been around a computer for the last 22 years, and I seem to be the local 'go to' guy when it involves computer networking or even access to offline documents. Even my dad calls me up trying to find documents that he deleted and saved over top of.
If anyone has any tips, or maybe some warnings, I just started my schooling and I would rather find out now before I get too involved with the major if this isn't something that I can make a living at.

Shift Key

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 30, 2018
Ratings
Great question...sorry to see it went unanswered for a few years.
However, I'm sure there are lots of people still today who in a similar place in life and can relate to what you are asking.
We are working hard for 2019 to create some more in-depth blog posts that delve deeper into some of the big questions asked by our forum members.

Checkout our latest blog post on: How to Become a Digital Forensics Professional in 2019 - Computer Forensics World for what to expect from the Computer / Digital Forensics field in 2019.

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu