Starting Salaries

Contribute to the community and build up your resume

Contribute to this forum by helping to moderate and answer questions.

If interested, please contact us at forum@ComputerForensicsWorld.com

wtshiz

Aug 28, 2006
Ratings
What are the average starting salaries (hourly or yearly) for someone starting in the computer forensics field in the US (both corporate and law enforcement sectors).

Mainly I'm wondering if starting salaries would be enough to survive directly out of college.

(I know there are a lot of factors that influence salaries, I'm just looking for a rough ballpark.. or maybe personal experiences)

putergeek

Sep 1, 2008
The starting salary can vary depending on location and experience. The hard part about getting into this field is initially getting a job with computer forensics. Once you are in the field it will be easier to move around and ultimately increase your salary greatly!!! I would say starting right out of college you may want to look into entry level computer jobs and once you have that knowledge it may be easier to get in and make a decent salary. I am in the NC area and typically a computer forensic analyst can make anywhere from $40,000-90,000 a year.

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu