Techno Forensics Conference

Sysops

Oct 9, 2007
I tried to get money from my college to pay for me to go and it didn't work out, they said they are going to attempt to get me money next year.. But who knows? I was really looking forward to it, I'm going regardless next year... I'm just extremely busy next week, please let me know how it goes.. and how much you spent on the total trip; thanks

-Sysops :twisted:

Sysops

Oct 9, 2007
btw, what are something that you can take advantage of by going? Any internships or.. companies searching for people there?

~Sysops :twisted:

psu1989

Sep 18, 2005
Sysops said:
I tried to get money from my college to pay for me to go and it didn't work out, they said they are going to attempt to get me money next year.. But who knows? I was really looking forward to it, I'm going regardless next year... I'm just extremely busy next week, please let me know how it goes.. and how much you spent on the total trip; thanks

-Sysops :twisted:
You might want to call and see if there is a student rate. :wink:

I live within 50 miles so I will be driving each day.

psu1989

Sep 18, 2005
Sysops said:
btw, what are something that you can take advantage of by going? Any internships or.. companies searching for people there?

Last year the CIA had a booth and was actively recruiting. There are always contacts to be made at any conference.

Sysops

Oct 9, 2007
psu1989 said:
Sysops said:

Last year the CIA had a booth and was actively recruiting. There are always contacts to be made at any conference.
Ouch, That really makes me regret missing this event. I need an internship for this summer... I bet this event would allow me to find one. Anyone have any.. suggestions in internships for computer forensics to allow me to move up the ladder faster then getting some boring it job over the summer?

If you want just i/m me on aol instant messenger. I just need any advice possible; I feel like I messed up. I missed one internship that I was basically depending on for this summer.

psu1989

Sep 18, 2005
I was slightly disappointed. More of the talks were like sales pitches.

Why don't they have some of the NIST people talk about the Forensic tool testing program? Where were Brian Carrier, Jesse, Harlan and the rest of the local gurus?

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu