Topic for research paper

gemstones

Dec 10, 2008
Hi,

I am a forensic computing student and am trying to come up with a topic for a paper.

The options I am working with are

1. usenets - not sure what aspect of them to look at
2. automotive forensics - again not sure if there is anything there to do a paper on

Any input is gladly appreciated.

Complete

Administrator
Aug 19, 2006
I just had a discussion with a coworker about alternative forms of evidence. With the advance in auto technology, we wondered what could be found by performing "forensics" on a vehicle. Well, I'm still not sure, but there is some interesting stuff out there. I would be interested in an in-depth research project of this topic. Not sure about the practicality of this, but as tech increases so does the chance it may be useful in an actual case.
What’s more, the chip records four of 23 engine parameters, for up to 300 hours of driving time. That means you can log speed, RPM, acceleration, braking, and other parameters at intervals of five to 60 seconds, letting you monitor vehicle performance and track driving behaviors for everyone who gets behind the wheel.

About us

• Our community began in 2004. Since this time, we have grown to have over 29,000+ members within the DFIR & Cyber Security community.

We are happy to announce that this forum is now under new ownership with the goal to once again become the main Digital Forensics Forum on the internet for DFIR, OSINT and Cyber Security.

If you can think of ways to help us improve, please let us know.

We pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds.

We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu